What is the Event all about?
I first wrote about the idea of holding a PMO Hackathon in an article last August. Now I'm excited to let you know that I am working with the team at PMOFlashmob to run a public PMO Hackathon in London, UK.
The event is a world first: no-one has organized a public PMO Hackathon before. This will be a unique opportunity for members of the PMO community to come together and Hack data, reports, Excel and PPM tool APIs to improve collaboration and information-based decision making in the workplace.
Teams will be working on a variety of projects, and attendees are encouraged to bring their own ideas to share or collaborate on at the Hackathon. Here's a few ideas to get you going -
- Developing new project reporting standards that work well on mobile devices
- Automating mundane/repeatable tasks in Project Server, or other PPM tools
- Creating Excel macros to produce consolidated portfolio risk logs, with trend analysis
- Creating Beautiful PMO Data, such as the examples here: https://www.hotpmo.com/blog/beautiful-pmo-data
- Creating dynamic information radiators that sponsors will WANT to read
- Developing automated ‘audit bots’ that can undertake basic project reviews, freeing up valuable time
There a lot more information about the Hackathon over at the PMO Flashmob event page, including sections on what you should expect on the day, and what skills you can bring to the table. What I can tell you is that it will be a fantastic opportunity to collaborate with peers from other organizations, gain valuable experiences and shape the future of PMO reporting and actionable insight generation.
If you are London-based, or even just passing through, I look forward to meeting you on the day.