Okay, I confess, I am a little excited about this conference, because I am one of the speakers! But that isn't the only reason you should attend...
In it's third year, this London based Conference is designed with PMO Practitioners in mind - a refreshing change for those of us who keep turning up to conferences to find out they are all about projects and less about PMO.
The event is targeted at PMO Directors, Heads of P3O, PMO Managers, Analysts and Support Practitioners operating at the Portfolio, Program and Project levels of the organization.
There are some great sessions during the day, and I strongly advise you to take a look at the line up here: http://www.pmoconference.co.uk/2017-programme
Not sure which sessions to attend? Here are my picks:
- Mark Price Perry - Mark is the author of the Business Driven PMO book series, published by J. Ross Publishing. He is also the founder to BOT international, a boutique PMO content asset firm. In his talk, Mark will be advocating PMOs that are business driven, rather than process driven and will be sharing practical insights and proven techniques.
- Andy Jordan - While others are arguing about whether they are Agile or Waterfall, Andy Jordan, President of Roffensian Consulting Inc. is exploring how organisations can adapt to deliver better results at the portfolio level in his session on PPM 2.0. Andy is an in demand speaker and writer who delivers thought provoking content in an engaging and entertaining style, and is also an instructor in project management related disciplines. He always strives to provide thought provoking presentations that drive his audience to challenge accepted norms while providing actionable content that can be applied in the real world. Andy was recently named to top ten lists of the most inspiring and most influential people in project management globally.
- Dr Robert Joslin - Fed up of attending conferences, only to find that most of the speakers are vendors with very limited knowledge? This conference has not one, but three Doctors on the speaker list! Dr Robert Joslin PhD, CEng, AIPMO-E, PfMP®, PgMP®, PMP® is a consultant and academic researcher who has published books, chapters and research papers in the field of project, portfolio and program management. All of this makes him the ideal person to share his top 10 drivers for PMO change, and, crucially how practitioners can respond to them.
- Eileen Roden - Knowledge is power, but how do PMOs support knowledge management? Eileen Roden, lead author of P3O® Best Management Practice will be challenging conventional understandings of knowledge management is, and will provide actionable insight on how the PMO can support knowledge management across projects and programs.
- Jex Rose - Anyone who has worked in PMOs for a while knows that while processes are important, its really all about the people. So it is great to see a 'behaviorist' taking center stage at this PMO Conference. Jez will be demonstrating brain tricks and behaviour fixes to achieve extraordinary results, inspiring everyone to find the gap between stimulus and response and be the best they can be.
I look forward to meeting some of you there - I'll be talking about the Tricky Third Year of the PMO at 10:05 in the Creative Suite.